Sunday, June 10, 2012

to short story or not to short story....

Here's a question I've been kicking around since day one. Do I  (A) piece out my story in a monthly series of short stories so that it isn't forgotten so easily. After all, the typical author puts out a book a year (roughly) and that is an awful long time to wait for the continuation. I think thats why television does so well, its bite size pieces spread over a long period of time.

or (B) since the material is written and there's enough to compile it as a full book (current count is about 56k words or 220 pages, but there's some stuff that needs to be added), I stop this short story stuff and publish it as a full novel in august when kdp select isn't holding rights over the first part.

so...what do you folks think?

No comments:

Post a Comment