Saturday, July 14, 2012

Chronicles book 2 - update 2

I am about 10% in to writing this book and it's going really well. A few days ago, it occurred to me that in the process of writing that I was about to miss out on a fantastic opportunity with this book. Initially, something that happens within the first couple chapters could EASILY be turned into a half book or potentially an entire book of its own. With that in mind, I finished the writing for the day and got to jotting down notes and ideas.

By the end of the day I had hashed out exactly what I wanted to do and, as of today, have starting writing the new material. What does this all mean?

Most of what I planned for this book will be postponed until book 3 to make way for the new material. I'm sure there's someone thinking "Oh great, a filler book." Absolutely not. I refuse to write filler. If I don't think its going to be fun to write, fun to read and serve a purpose in the overall story arc...it's not going to happen.

Filler episodes in tv shows (anime really loves doing this) drive me nuts. I get that the writers have to make so many episodes and bla bla bla...but come on. Just move the story line along and add in where appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment